an actual 3d printed skull my teacher made its SO RAD
I just wish I
Were a toothbrush
Or a solder gun
Make me something
Somebody can use
—The Weakerthans, “Utilities”
is not well refined but i had fun yeeeah
See these torture devices? This is what I have to deal with when I get too excited/overloaded with work and I draw and draw and draw with no regard for the warning aches in my wrists.
I know a lot of other artists suffer from tendonitis/carpal tunnel syndrome, and webcomic artists are especially prone to it since we spend a lot of time hunched over keyboards too. (I’ve noticed typing seems to aggravate it more than drawing.)
Here are some tips I have learned the hard way:
- Don’t assume the pain will “go away eventually” and just keep drawing. Trust me, it will not. It’s only downhill from here. The pain means you’ve already injured yourself. Take a break.
- If you do press on anyway, you’ll have to wait longer to heal. When I first had my doctor see me, he said to take a minimum two week break from drawing and typing. If you are like me, that’s like asking me to stop breathing for that long. Do you want to die?? Do you?? I didn’t think so. Put the pen down and take a break.
- It takes a LONG time to heal. It took me about two years to stop feeling the effects when I messed my wrists up really bad the first time.
- Once you feel better, the instinct is to immediately jump right back into drawing/typing/whatever activity caused your repeated stress injury (hey I’m not judging) but be careful not to overdo it and hurt yourself all over again! It’s not like a videogame health bar that always replenishes back to full. I’ve noticed that once I got tendonitis, it never fully went away, and the more often I induced it with bad habits, the sooner it comes back after doing the same amount of drawing. Pay attention to your activity and to your body telling you it’s time to stop before it hurts.
- This video of wrist exercises helped reduce my pain a lot, and is also good for preventing it in the first place.
Take care of yourself, artists. Your hands are your livelyhood. Don’t take them for granted!
A spanish website just posted a video for the in-game event of Diancie. In this case a butler appears to you after getting Diancie, and tells you his master has been looking for Diancie’s beauty for a long time now. After you either decide to give it back or keep it, their master appears and thanks them foo trying to get him a Diancie, but he declines saying if he gets a Diancie he wants him to be by his own effort or luck, not by depriving someone from it. He then tells you he envies you and that you’re lucky for getting such a rare Pokemon.
After that we just see a few battle with a normal and shiny Diancie including its special move.
im laughing at everyone being like ‘tumblr is so dangerous, so awful, 4chan is better and safer’
like sit down and get your head out of your ass, its not a hat.